Wednesday 13 January 2010

Harold Ernest letters ( 2009 )

My Dear Friend,

Construction of the bus station is progressing quite rapidly. The James Bridge Steel company have agreed to take on extra staff so that the iron framework will be delivered on time - which is fantastic - but of course means that the invoicing work has doubled. At this rate, Mr Jellico anticipates completion in early May of next year. We also expect to complete well under our estimated budget.

It is not this, however, which is at the forefront of my mind; perhaps that’s why I forgot to mention it in my last letter to you. I have become far more concerned with the matter of our universe and the implications of computer science in space travel, and how it could help with the country’s regeneration. The war seems further away every day, yet we are progressing and the process of rebuilding is slow indeed.

I think perhaps space travel could offer the people new hope. I fear I may be starting to sound like a council member, after spending so many days working closely with them. The new wallpaper sounds very appropriate, but I think it will be a long time yet before I can visit again. How is the rest of the collection? I was very interested in the plans for your next expedition; it seems travel is in both our blood, although your achievements as yet stretch much further than my own .

I hope to here from you soon,

Yours Sincerely,


Harold Ernest

No comments:

Post a Comment